Saturday, February 19, 2011

The conditions of God's promises

In the Scriptures there are a number of promises that are given by God. There is something to really consider in regards to them in order to see the fruition of them. The only way that we can see if God’s promises are true is to remain confident and fully trusting that what He said is true. Just because it is promised does not mean that we will receive or experience them. Here’s an example to consider: I have a five year old that loves to play Mario Kart on the Wii. He asks just about every day to play. On most days he allowed right after he asks but on other days there are conditions. I promise (an agreement that guarantees something) him that he can play if cleans up his other toys and folds all of his laundry. There are two things that can happen: he can see the fruition of my pledge and do what was asked or he could not do it and not see the fruition. What I guaranteed did not change but it is not seen because a condition was not met. There are a couple reasons that this might happen. Maybe my son does not trust my word. He could be apprehensive and think that even if he did what was asked he still might not be able to play. The other is simple disobedience. He simply wanted what he wanted but not what I wanted, therefore he chose to not do what was required.
God’s promises are the same. We will never be able to call Him a liar. What He has promised He will willingly oblige. The only things that will keep us from seeing the fruit of His promises are distrust (not having faith) and disobedience. In matters of lack of faith, is there something else that you have found that can get you what God promises? Have you found a better way? Where are you putting your confidence? What is your hope? I am extremely confident that God has never lied or failed to supply His end of one of His promises, if you failed to see it, it is because you did not do what was required. You wanted your way, but not His way. If you like what He promises, look to see what is required on your end, and do it! He will do what He has said, ALWAYS! This is for me more than anyone that reads this, but I do hope that it encourages you. What is one promise that God has made that really excites and motivates you? I love that if I seek Him, I will find Him. He has never failed to live up to His end of the deal. Countless times, I have failed to live up to my end. He is faithful! His guarantees are extraordinarily abundant and inestimably valuable!

No comments:

Post a Comment